Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Joys of Jumbo

Now that we have a car we get to go shopping at Jumbo on the weekends. If you have never been to Chile you wouldn't know that Jumbo is like a Super Target or other large supermarket and most other grocery stores in Chile aren't nearly as big, nor have the variety of things that can be found at Jumbo. I'm pretty sure that even the huge Liders aren't as cool because they don't have the taste-testing stations.

Today we got a late start after Christian had to work a bit from home and while we were starving for lunch, by the time we got done at Jumbo (it took approx. 2 hours) we had eaten enough samples to fill us up! Hahahaha....

Anyway.....I heart Jumbo. Thank god we have a car now.

3 comments:

Cincinnati Chile said...

I heart Jumbo too and usually spend a long time shopping there buying weas whenever I am in town. I also heart your dog. I haven't been up on my blog reading let alone my blogging. I also JUST saw the email you sent to me and I responded with a better email address. Do you have the story of how you got your dog on here? I have seen some of the CUTEST dachshunds in Chile. My 5 yr old wants a dachshund. We have contemplated getting one and calling it "Completo". Seeing the picture of Dulcinea makes me want to have one.

Annje said...

Love Jumbo. Hate Lider. When we move back to Chile I want to live next door to a Jumbo.

Emily said...

Jumbo's great when you need that hard-to-find imported product, but we don't go often because we've been blessed with a pretty good Lider. Annje, I don't know if your hatred is universal, but I feel like some Liders are good whereas others are just total nightmares.

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.