Monday, March 1, 2010

Email: February 27, 2010 5:56pm (Chile time)

Subject: WE ARE OK!!!

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that we are all ok (Christian, Dulcinea, me, Erica Bobadilla, Bernarda, Papi Lucho, Alexis & Dana, Kerstin & Noelia, as well as other friends who I have talked to:Heather & Vuko, Isabel & Italo, Sarah & Felipe, Gabriela). We are with my in-laws and family in Viña. All my siblings-in-laws are ok, even Roberto who lives close to the epicenter of the earthquake. We have food and water and just got electricity. Int'l phone service is not working well but we will be in contact when we can. We aren't sure when we will be traveling back to Santiago and have no idea how the "new" apartment is.....

The important thing is we are safe and the epicenter of the earthquake was in the south. From what we have heard, it was a grade 6 or so in Viña, not sure how accurate that is, but that is what we know.

Thanks again for thinking of us and please continue to keep us (and the rest of Chile) in your thoughts.

Lots of love,
~Tyffanie, Christian & Dulcinea


0 comments:

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.