Thursday, March 18, 2010

26 by 26

I have had this in the works for a few weeks now as I was waiting for inspiration to finish the list: 26 things I hope to do before turning 26. Since I turn 26 in 8 months, I have included a few things that I have accomplished since turning 25 that way the scope of this list is a full year. Plus they truly are things I have been wanting to do and just never go around to making this list. Things that have been accomplished are in bold and colored pink. So here it goes, items are in no particular order:

1. Raise $500 for the Chile earthquake relief efforts. {Completed March 17, 2010--see more details here}

2. Create an ongoing scholarship for college students at my alma mater.

3. Start exercising at least 30 mintues, 2-3 times per week.

4. Launch side business (including website, business plan and paying clients).

5. Start & finish our wedding photo album/scrapbook.

6. Invite my parents to Chile. {Completed Dec. 21, 2009 when my parents arrived to Santiago}

7. Work on being better at accepting constructive criticism (I have a tendency to think I am always right).

8. Have a weekend get-a-way with Christian, not Dulcinea, at least once.

9. Write LinkedIn recommendations for 5 people.

10. Decide if I will go back to school, for what and when.

11. Make our apartment feel more like our home (& keep it tidier).

12. Train Dulcinea to not pull when walking outside (this means implementing the Gentle Leader my parents sent us).

13. Reformat my computer.

14. Read the following books:
  • I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi {Completed in January 2010}
  • The E-Myth Revisited by Michael E. Gerber {Completed in February 2010}
  • Escape from Cubicle Nation by Pamela Slim
  • Zen And the Art of Happiness by Chris Prentiss {Completed in January 2010}
  • How to Be, Do, or Have Anything by Laurence Boldt
15. Beef up our emergency savings fund to 3 months of our living expenses.

16. Speak to Christian in English at home so he can practice.

17. Participate in Earth Hour on March 27, 2010. {Completed in March 27, 2010}

18. Work on my fulfilling NSEP requirement at least 1 per week.

19. Watch our wedding video & make a dvd of it (with the help of Christian).

20. Start to do freelance translations. {Completed in January 2010}

21. Cook/bake 1 new recipe per month.

22. Organize all my paperwork in our home office/computer room.

23. Visit the Bellas Artes museum in Santiago.

24. Write and send at least one letter via snail mail to each of my grandparents and Aunt Frieda.

25. Factor contributions to charity into my monthly budget & find a worthy cause to support.

26. Have date night with Christian at least 2 times per month.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Tyffanie this is SUCH a good idea!! Mind if I copy this?? I had one of these lists actually written out and in the move from CA to Chile I lost it. I was so bummed! I had written it when I was 25 and had separated it into columns, as in "What I hope to accomplish next year, in five years, etc" - so wish I had it now. Boo!
Congrats on what you've accomplished and of course congrats on setting the goals you have!!

Tyffanie said...

Dale no más Andrea! I found it on someone else's blog and it inspired me to do my own list. I like the one you had too, with what you want to do in 5 years, etc. I feel like this type of reflection and goal planning is what I miss most from college. I was always writing scholarship essays and examining what I wanted to do and how to get there. And then I graduated and started working and it is like that disappears. Saludos!

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.