Monday, August 31, 2009

No More Federal Loans!

Yay! I just paid off my Student Federal Loans!!! So excited about that! I just saved myself like $2,000 in interest that I would have had to pay, had I kept on the "typical" payment plan. I was always paying more than the minimum anyway, so maybe I really only saved myself $1,500 in interest...but still! Wahhooo!!!

I still have one small little loan to pay off, but it is without interest so I am taking my time paying it back and using the money to gain interest in the bank.

Ok, I'm tired and want to go to bed. My little puppy had me up at 5:50am and we are both so sleep. G'night!

3 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

Congrats, that's a big accomplishment! I have student loans too so I know how it feels to have them hanging over your head...must feel good to be done with it all :)

Emily said...

Congratulations!

Clare said...

Congrats! That is an awesome place to be. Hopefully, I will join you.... in about 5 to 7 years.

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.