Monday, August 24, 2009

Our Baby & A New Blog Design

Dulcinea - My Long Haird Miniature Dachshund

Yesterday we welcomed the newest addition to our little family, Dulcinea. She's a long-haired miniature dachshund and was born on June 3, 2009. We had a heck of a time finding her in Chile because as Christian puts it "her race is practically extinct". But, in all truth, they are not very common dogs at all and thus she was a hard one to find.

The first night home was ok. She wasn't used to being alone at all and so she cried every time we left the room. We finally got her to bed around 11pm. When I tried to put her down around 10ish, she wanted nothing to do with it--all play no más. Turns out that is a sign that she is over tired. Anyhow, she woke up crying at 2ish and it took us a while to get her back to sleep because again, all she wanted to do was play. And then again at 5am she was wandering about the room. I picked her up and put her on my chest in bed where she slept with me for about another hour before my alarm clock rang.

Today was her first day home alone. She did really well! We tired her out in the morning before leaving for work so she fell asleep right before Christian left the house. Then we both came home for lunch to check on her and play with her. It was fun to have that break during the day. I came home tonight to her, while Christian was at his English classes, and all was well. She was playing in "her room" (ie. our bathroom). She had done her business on the newspaper that we left for her (she is a quick learner) and was soooooo excited to see me. Our neighbors, who also have a dachshund puppy, came up to meet her but she didn't want anything to do with Panchito (their puppy).

Tonight we played with her while cooking dinner and lunch for tomorrow. She is quite a handful, always running around, sometimes too quick for your eyes to catch where she goes. Right now she is snuggled up on my lap and sleeping as I write. We tried to keep her awake longer, but when she is over tired, she gets destructive....so I guess it's better to let her sleep.

I wish she'd stay this size forever, she is the most adorable thing ever!!! But, she'll still be really small when she is adult (8lbs or less)! Her beautiful long hair is already showing on her little ears and she has a fun personality once she warms up to you. It's now time to sign off and enjoy her when she sleeps, my little cosita linda.








P.S. I thought the blog could use a new look, so I've been working on this new design for quite some time. Hope you like it!

1 comments:

Emily said...

I LOVE HER!!! Oh my gosh seriously, when can I come see her? She is TOO cute, that little face in the first picture is adorable.

Oh, and nice new design, I like it...although my attention is distracted by the puppy :)

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.