Monday, July 12, 2010

What is Your Life Policy?

"My head isn't a neighborhood that you'd want to walk in a lone at night." Just one of the great quotes from Elizabeth Gilbert's speech that you can find here.

I can definitely say that I need more self-forgiveness. That knife-to-your-own-throat that she mentions....I know exactly what she means. And I definitely need to go easier on myself. In some ways, I think I have made leaps and bounds from where I used to be, but I still have a long way to go.

So I, too, try to do better each day with what I have. And I try not to be too hard on myself when the to-do list doesn't get crossed off, when I don't make it to the gym every day or when I am not my best on a particular day. But I think it's the intention that counts. It is all about trying.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for posting that link. I've read most of her books, but I hadn't heard that speech yet. She always finds a way to somehow be inspirational!

KM said...

agreed that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself! and i like that quote by elizabeth gilbert though i gotta admit i'm probably the only chick in the world that didn't like the book eat,pray, love...or i shoudl say, i lvoed the first 100 pages but then i sorta started hating her. : ) the movie's coming out in the US soon though and i'll probably see it just cuz julia roberts plays the main part.

Anonymous said...

YES! If my recent experience has taught me one thing it´s that we are all way to hard on ourselves (and others, but it's easier to start on yourself).

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.