Friday, June 18, 2010

Processed Food Experiment

I mentioned a while back that I wanted to start reducing the amount of processed food that I eat.  Mostly when I say processed food, I am referring to unhealthy and fake foods.  Obviously there are processed foods sold in health stores, etc. and in some cases, processed foods are necessary just as mentioned in this article.  However, not a lot of Whole Foods-type processed foods exist in Chile and normally when they do, they are super expensive.  Thus, my change has been trying to eat more fresh foods.  I have pretty good success in the past two months and the difference in how I feel and how much energy I have is amazing.  Although it requires planning and foresight as to what we will eat, as well as actually cooking the meals, I am happy to have made the change.  

I came across this article which shows an experiment of what happens to fake foods over time via Summer Tomato.  You have got to check out this experiment.  I once complained about having to actually make whipped cream the old-fashioned way here in Chile....and never again will I complain about it, but instead be happy to whip that cream into perfection for whatever dessert I happen to be making.
~Tyffanie

1 comments:

lydia said...

havent watched the videos yet. nervous about it because frankly, i know a lot of what i eat grosses me out if i think about it, but it can be troublesome to work around it

making whipped cream? you need one of those things that you pedal with your hand. actually, what did you eat before you made whipped cream? rediwhip? cool whip?? gross haha,theres no going back once you make the real stuff

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.