Wednesday, April 28, 2010

No More Respect for Arizona



My husband came across this cartoon on facebook last night and I think it sums up my thoughts perfectly regarding the Immigration Bill that Arizona passed. A couple other bloggers have posted their thoughts, which I also agree with. Check out Rene's post here and Sara's post here. I just wish people would wake up and realize that passing bills that legalize being racist and putting up walls like the one Bush wanted to put between Mexico and the US are not solutions to the broken Immigration System. Obama is right to push this as a priority even if the Senate or other parts of the government don't think they are ready. Ready or not, this is a problem that needs to be fixed ASAP and it must be done on a nationwide basis.

I am so disappointed in Arizona and the people who support this bill, even embarrassed like Sara mentioned she is, and regardless of whether or not they repeal this law, I have lost all respect for Arizona & the bill supporters.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cartoon says it all! I´m going to post it on my facebook!

Renée said...

I like the cartoon! It's so hypocritical of Americans to act in such a way. And thanks for the shout out.

Sara said...

Thanks for the link :)

I like the comic by the way. It's so true. No one seems to realize that anyone with European heritage was at one time an invader or an unwanted immigrant like the Irish, Germans...etc.

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.