- Walk to work
- Shut off the lights in a room when I am not in there.
- Shut off the water when brushing my teeth.
- Line dry my clothes.
- Shut off the water when washing dishes and use it only to rinse.
- Open the fridge/freezer only when I know what I need.
Some things I am hoping to incorporate into my life (I plan on going in more detail, but prefer to not expend energy today on the computer and instead, on reading or doing something else) which help the Earth and are healthier:
- Eating more organic and in-season food.
- Cut way back on eating processed foods.
- Stop drinking pop and alcohols (except for wine).
- Get my husband to shut off the water when he does the dishes, turn off lights when he isn't in a room, and not open the fridge until he knows what he needs.
- Reduce my shower time.
- Try to use our heater products less this winter (this will be HARD)
- Be better about recycling vs. what we throw away and investigate a possible compost bin.
- Use my tumbler more often when going to Starbucks (oh and cut that habit back to like 1/week).
Most of these changes are not hard to do, it just takes commitment and a little bit of extra time and effort. For example, cutting back on processed foods means we need to cook and plan our meals more than we do now. But I am ready to make the change.
What are you doing to celebrate Earth Day every day?