Sunday, September 6, 2009

Revamping up the Digs

The husband and I made the decision yesterday that we are going to paint our apartment. I've mentioned before that I hate the yellow color of the walls, and well we've been here for 6 months now, which means we only have 6 months to go on our lease....but I can't handle the yellow anymore! I don't feel like my apartment is a home and I want it to be that way. I want to decorate it and be proud of it when people come over, instead of being worried if they notice all the holes in the walls left from previous tenants. Ideally, we would move to a bigger and better apartment that has the walls and floors in great condition which would make everything much better. But first we'd have to get out of our lease and it'd be a huge expense versus buying some paint and wasting a weekend or two putting in the labor to paint and hang some pictures. We also have to call a plumber about our master bathroom toilet which doesn't work. We haven't decided what we will do in March when our lease is up--stay here or move--so I kind of feel like, if we move, I'll be bummed that we painted and whatnot....but then again, if we do the revamp, I'll be more inclined to invite people over and actually enjoy coming home. So that's the plan.

I just got done looking at the professional wedding pictures sent by our photographer, Krista, and they are awesome! I don't know how we'll be able to just pick out a few to hang in the house!!! It's part of the revamp too.


2 comments:

Emily said...

That's exciting! I'm slow about redecorating...so many projects I want to do, but there are also things where I'm not quite sure exactly what color or style I want to go, so instead of thinking about it I just do nothing. I'm trying to motivate and get some projects out of the way in the next couple months, so we'll see how it goes.

I think even if it's only for six months, you're right that you want to feel at home in your home, especially if it's a relatively easy, low cost solution! Happy painting, and hopefully I'll get to see the end result.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you decided to get the painting done! You will love it when it is finished!
Have fun.....

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.