Thursday, November 4, 2010

Still not back in my routine

I had a great gym routine going until the last few weeks of August when life decided to get crazy.  I was hitting up the gym 4-5 times a week, twice for Body Balance (love starting and ending my work week with this class), twice for early morning Body Pump.  Then I traveled to Buenos Aires for work (def not complaining about that though), things at work got crazy busy as my team has been "restructured" meaning I am now pretty much the remaining team member (there were once 3 of us), Christian had surgery, and one of my best friends visited.....all in the span of just under 2 months.  So basically my morning Body Pump classes have been thrown out the window.  I went last week and was super happy I did, but have not gone since.  My alarm rings at 6am and my body wants nothing to do with getting up and working out. Not to mention that on those days I do generally end up feeling more tired and wiped out.  I think I may need to up my caloric intake on those days because I am pretty sure it is tied to not having eaten enough by the afternoon and thus feeling very blah.

I have been going to the gym though...even if not to my usual classes.  This week has been elliptical week.  I was able to get a lot of The Omnivore's Dilemma read while sweating it out on the elliptical.  Then I would do abs and back work and then stretch for a good 15-20 minutes.  Today I think I will do more elliptical and maybe some power-walking, or perhaps go to the Baile Entretenido class for a while.  Tomorrow the plan is to double up and go to Body Balance and then stay for Body Pump.  Then I can free up my Saturday to hit up the Mercado Paula Gourmet which I am super excited to check out.  There are actually classes today and tomorrow that I would love to attend, but sadly they are during work hours.  So Saturday it will be.

It is sometimes frustrating to me to have fallen out of my routine.  I like having my gym time planned out and dedicated because I am less likely to skip it....which is why I am trying so hard to get back into it!  Plus my gym membership ends at the end of January and at that point I have to evaluate whether I sign up again and for how long, or if I maybe sign up for  a yoga studio to try that out for a while.  So I want to get as much out of the gym as possible in these last 3 months.

~Tyffanie

0 comments:

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.