Thursday, December 25, 2008

Navidad en Santiago

As excited as I was about Christmas, and as much as I enjoyed the day & a half with my husband, I still missed my family so much that it brought me to tears, not just once, but two times today. We were lucky enough to talk to them on Skype, but in the end, it just isn't the same as being in Rye, seeing the snow, eating the home-made waffles and my Dad's cookies, spending time with the fam, and playing with Dunkun.

Last night, Christian and I made pizza, enjoyed ponche a la Romana (champagne with pineapple sorbet) and opened 3 presents. Two of the presents were the ones my parents specifically told us to open on Christmas Eve (per our tradition) and the other present was from my company. Here is a slide show of the few pictures we took:



We also watched Elf yesterday, which I just LOVE!!!!!

This morning, we slept in and then made the delicious sweet red bell pepper-cream cheese snack. We then proceed to open presents and sip on the mimosas that we made. We had planned on making the desayuno gringo right away, but we were full from our other snack so we took a rest and watched some TV.



Around 2pm, we sat down to eat scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon and more mimosas atop our pretty Christmas placemats that my sister gave us. In the afternoon we watched The Grinch Who Stole Christmas since Christian had never seen it. Last but not least, we chatted with my parents and then went for a walk.

And here we are now...getting ready for bed and to go to work tomorrow. Enjoy the pics and hope everyone enjoyed this Christmas!!!

1 comments:

KM said...

what a cute post! your xmas sounds like it was very similar to ours - a lot of flojeando yesterday - gotta love that. i too was def nostalgic for my parents and brother and the SNOW! but, it was still a really special holiday for us bc it was our first christmas as a married couple - hopeuflly the first of many- you guys too right?

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.