Thursday, February 19, 2009

Interesting Articles

It's been a while since I posted some links to interesting articles that I randomly come across. So here we go....all from nytimes.com:

Facebook Withdraws Changes in Data Use --I had no idea this was going on. Definitely not a good sign that Facebook wants to keep our data forever. I’m gonna keep an eye on this now.

For Uninsured Young Adults, Do-It-Yourself Health Care –Kind of crazy to think about, but health insurance is a big deal. I really like the fact that in Chile if you don’t subscribe to an Isapre (or private health insurance) you are “automatically” covered by Fonasa (the public health insurance) and as long as you are employed by a company, part of your salary is always put to pay for such coverage. We need something like that in the States.

Op-Ed Contributor: Till Children Do Us Part –I knew there was a reason I didn’t want kids: to save our marriage! No that was a joke, but honestly I totally understand where this comes from. I just hope I get the baby fever by the time I’m 30 or my husband is gonna freak.

Obama Calls Wall Street Bonuses 'Shameful' –This is an embarrassment: that is, the stupid & greedy Wall Street workers who are paying themselves WAY TOO MUCH in bonuses. They are a HUGE reason we are in a financial crisis right now and they still get to benefit from it? Not fair....how about giving that money to the people who actually need the money?

Really?: The Claim: Never Blow Your Nose When You Have a Cold –Just something interesting...


1 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

In the marriage article, I loved this last line:

"As the psychologist Joshua Coleman suggests, the airline warning to put on your own oxygen mask before you place one on your child also holds true for marriage."

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.