Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Blog MIA

Wow, I have been blog-MIA. Not because I want to be, but ask Kyle mentioned in one of her posts, when life gets busy, prioritization becomes key and things like the personal blog get shoved to the bottom of the never-ending list. I figured I should take 15 or 20 minutes to write a short update about what’s been going on.

Work is going well. I’m not really sure if I ever explained what I do, but I write technical accounting memos for my company on all large contracts that we enter into. Lamen’s terms: I read contracts in Spanish, write a summary and do an accounting analysis in English. I started this job on Sept. 22nd, and it has been going great. I really enjoy the atmosphere and the people who I work with. Everyone is so down to earth and light-hearted. My boss, who is Canadian, is awesome. I am so glad she pursued me to apply for this job. She actually just got a bad-ass promotion, so she won´t be my boss for much longer, but I’m really happy for her. Work has been picking up and now that we’ll be seeing some shifts in job titles and whatnot, I have a feeling it’s about to get even busier. I am learning a lot, and trying to absorb as much as I can. Technical accounting is hard stuff—I mean, ya I studied accounting in college, but did I learn all the exceptions to FAS 133 Derivative & Hedge Accounting? Uhhhh.....NO!!! So, that means I’ve got my work cut out for me, reading past memos to learn about the business, taking online trainings that our company offers, and trying to read any extra information that I can.

The fitness plan is going well. I started off the first two weeks really strong, but last week went sour. I was so busy with a million events that time (and energy) just escaped me. However, last night I did 2 workout videos and a yoga video at home and it definitely felt good to get moving again. Tonight I’ll probably do another since I won’t have time to hit the gym. I’ve got to do some work since I had to leave the office early to go to the doctor. When I started working out practically every day, I felt a lot better, and I loved the sore feeling that you get in your muscles when you are constantly pushing your body. I hardly ever turn on the TV now because when I get home, I have so much to do that I just get started on it—cooking, working out, shopping for gifts, planning events, responding to emails, etc. Wedding planning should be among those things, but I have been even more MIA with wedding planning than with my blog.

In the last week and a half, I’ve done the following:

  • Celebrated my birthday at work
  • Celebrated my birthday in Rancagua along with my sister-in-law’s birthday and the rest of the family
  • Went to the doctor twice, in a far-away doctor's office. Today I went in micro (that’s right, in a public transportation bus).
  • Planned a bachelorette party for Heather (this includes shopping for the gifts and penis-decorations, wrapping the gifts, and making sure the gifts got to the party before Heather and I did since we had Starbucks plans beforehand)
  • Cooked Thanksgiving gringo breakfast one day after Thanksgiving
  • Attended a baby shower, became the unofficial photographer, and edited the photos for the mama-to-be
  • Worked late several days
  • Cleaned house, gone grocery shopping, cooked—the normal house-y stuff
  • Decorated the Christmas tree (pictures will be posted in due time)

Whew, I’m tired all over again. And if I were to start on my To-Do list, I might just go crazy and would probably run out of text space on my blog (hahaha if that is even possible). So I think that is my cue to sign off and start on my actual work since I need to put in a good hour or so on this memo.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for update blogs!

Also-- Rancagua? What? Why? What connection do you have to Rancagua??? Is your man a rancaguan man??? I lived there for YEARS!

Also-- So sad I didn't know you were planning Heather's party. I could have told you where to buy chocolate penises in Stgo.

Tyffanie said...

Hi Clare,
Yes my husband is from Rangagua originally! His family lived in El Teniente and Rancagua Sur. They moved to Viña when he started collage at La Santa María, but they still have family and an apartment in Rancagua--so that is why we went back this weekend, most of the family was there.

As for Heather's bach party--no worries on the chocolage penises, I found them in the sex shops at Los Leones....hahahaha....I'll upload some pics when I get a chance to prove it :)

Maeskizzle said...

Impressive!! Thanks for planning the bachelorette party, I had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Heehee. Rancagua is really small. I am adding you on facebook to discuss. (I lived in Rgua for years and consider it home... and I went to college in Vina so I know a bunch of the Rgua to Vina college people--- at least in my age group)

Disclaimer—La Chilengüita is a blog created upon my personal experiences and which expresses my personal opinion that in no way represents the views my employer, family or friends.