Christian and I are starting to think about honeymoon locations and we want recommendations from people who have been to these places! We are thinking about Mexico, the Caribbean or Central America. Neither of us have been to any of those places and we would like a nice beachy place and warm ocean waters to enjoy. We’d like to know about both the all-inclusive resorts and the not-so-commercial places to stay, price ranges, food, etc. Some of the questions we’d like answers to:
- How was your stay in general?
- Were you at an all-inclusive resort? If so, did you find it worth the money or would it have been possible to spend less money staying at a nice hotel but choosing the restaurants, etc.?
- Where did you stay? (any links to hotels welcome)
- What kind of activities did you do? (snorkeling, diving, zip-lining, etc.)
- How long were you gone for?
- What is the best way to travel to that location?
- What time of year were you there?
We are planning our honeymoon for late-June 2009, so keep that in mind and we are on a budget, but we’re also not afraid to splurge on a wonderful vacation!
Here are some of the places that we have been considering (but are open to any ideas at this point!):
- Cozumel, Mexico--heard it is amazing, white beaches, snorkeling, and only 3% of the island is developed (theknot.com)
- Puerto Rico
- Dominican Republic
Thanks beforehand for all the advice!!!!